Shotgun Metagenomic Sequencing
- Targeting and identifying the organisms of interest
- Annotating diverse microorganisms in one assay, to obtain a complete composition of microbial communities.
- Detection of pathogens, microorganism contamination, soil bacterial benefits and etc.
Shotgun metagenomic sequencing provides information on the total genomic DNA from all organisms in a sample, avoiding the need for isolation and cultivation of microorganisms or amplification of target regions. This is crucial because it is believed that nearly 99% of all microorganisms cannot be cultivated in the laboratory. Differently from the targeted approach used in the 16S/18S/ITS amplicon sequencing, shotgun metagenomic sequencing uses next-generation sequencing (NGS) technology to provide not only information on the taxonomic annotations of each organism but also the functional profiling, gene prediction and microbial interaction of the whole community.
With extensive experience and well-developed bioinformatics pipelines, we can help you determine the genomes, functions, and variations of microorganisms from diverse samples. Our shotgun metagenomic sequencing service delivers high-quality data, publication-ready results, and personalized analysis to meet different research objectives. We offers comprehensive metagenomics solutions from the study of community structure and species classification to system evolution, gene function, and metabolic network of environmental microorganisms.
- Sample Receipt and Initial QC
- Library Construction and QC
- Sequencing and Data Delivery
- Bioinformatics Analysis
- ≥ 200 ng genomic DNA (≥ 10 ng/μL)
- Filtering host genome sequences
- Species annotation
- Gene prediction
- Gene annotation
- Comparative analysis (among samples)
Kyoto Encyclopedia of Genes and Genomes (KEGG) Annotation and Linear Discriminant Analysis (LDA) & Cladogram